I hemmed two pair of pants for my guy Sunday night, thinking that by getting out the sewing machine, I’d be inspired. Yeah, I’m inspired – to leave the mess I made right where it sits and move on to something else. I’m in the mood to create, but don’t want to clear a space to work and don’t want to clean up after myself. What a dilemma. I need a maid – a studio roadie. You know, a minion who follows behind me, the “Art Star”, and makes my environment perfect. This is an open position; volunteers only, need apply.
My side yard needs something. A couple of weeks ago my neighbor came over. He pulled down the vines growing on the fence, cut down saplings that had taken root, and mowed all the weeds. I need to get out there before the jungle returns. The plan is to hardscape the “lawn” areas, and add a few pots with herbs. I started chives, basil, and strawberries on my kitchen windowsill, and they are ready to re-pot.
Other outside projects waiting to be completed:
1. Power wash the front porch.
2. Add a touch of color to the front, something to brighten the area. Perhaps a begonia.
3. Do something about the mailbox, it is hanging funny.
4. Do something about the front gate, it is hanging funny, too.
5. Get rid of the lava rock path on the side yard and replace with stepping stones.
6. Decide whether to keep the dying mini-rose bush near the porch, or give it away. Perhaps my neighbor across the street could find a place for it. My front yard is too shady for it to flourish.
1. Yikes!!! Where to start? Perhaps it is better to put these on “ignore” for the present since summer doesn’t last forever!
Family reunion this weekend, and Fathers Day. Art group meeting a week from Sunday. So little time to accomplish so much. Minion, oh minion . . . where are you?